ACTIVE: 25 MIN. TOTAL: 2 HR 25 MIN
2 Cornish Hens (about 2 pounds each)
For Herb Marinade
½ Cup soy sauce
½ cup white vinegar
¼ cup corn oil
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon ground Coriander
1 tablespoon ground dried onion
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon crushed dried cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 bunch trimmed Asparagus spears
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat air fryer to 380° F
2. Add ingredients to a small bowl and mix thoroughly until the salt and brown sugar are completely dissolved.
3. Rinse and pat hens dry with a paper towel. Then trim excess fat from neck area and place hens in a container. Stab holes in the back and breast areas and apply marinade by gently rubbing into skin and inside of hens. Fill cavities with choice of stuffing (optional). Cover and let marinate for 1 hour in a fridge.
4. Place hens in air fryer and roast at 380°F for 40 minutes (20 minutes on each side).
5. For asparagus, trim and wash spears and dry with paper towel. Place spears in a dry bowl and add olive oil, black pepper and sea salt to taste. Mix gently so that spears are coated with oil and black pepper. Place spears in air fryer and grill at 360°F for 15 minutes. Halfway through the cook time, remove basket and shake gently so that spears cook evenly.
6. Serve hens on a plate with asparagus. Pair with choice of white or red wine. Happy cooking!